Welcome to Deanna's Musings

Pull up a chair, a cup of tea/coffee or favorite drink and enjoy the conversation and what you see and read.
If at anytime you have questions about what I am doing, or talking about , Please contact me through my email at dshouppe@gmail.com. Just a thing with me right now is the knowledge that so many Americans do not know what is going on in their government, registar to vote, or even how to contact their leaders so that your voice can be counted, so to this end, if you would like to know more information go to www.thomas.net. There you will find all the info you need to get informed. Stay informed and contact your congress and senate representatives.
I want to share my deep faith with you all. Please ask questions if you would like.

After months of Bible study, not Bible reading but truly studying God's Word, I have come to conclusion that "once saved always saved" equaling eternal security. Is a false doctrine. I will be sharing verses with you all. or check out my tweet account at #jewessforjesus. Most of my family have believed that doctrine. It is what I was taught when I converted from being a Jewess to a Christian. We must stay in Christ to be secure in Christ. Feel free to ask questions. I will do my best to check atleast once a week.

Please keep comments free from curse words or inappropriate comments. This is intended to be a safe place for all to come and gather together.
Blessings to you all,
Deanna

God's creation

God's creation
that cow was waiting in this perfect location for his picture to be taken.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

How to Modifying clothing, first time, you can do it too.!

Hello everyone. So sorry to have been away for so long. I have been super busy and God has been gracious with His ideas. Today I wanted to share with you a modified dress I made. Please remember this is my first attempt and I do realize one side has to be redone. I don't know why it takes me multiple times to get a straight seam, but it does! I don't mind the ripping out and resewing because I know it is going to look good afterward, or at least fit.
Lupus has left my body without a thermostat of some sort. I sweat all the time and especially in the summertime, so when I am at home I dress very lightweight and comfortable and preferably in cotton, because it seems to dry out the quickest. Maybe a little to much information. LOL I live with this guys, really it isn't funny LOL I mean not when I am burning up like a fire is stoked inside of me.! Stop laughing, I am sure some of you can relate? Right? OK anyway this great little cotton dress was way too tight across the chest. Which is a first for me, usually things fit to tight in the bottom area. I was going through the closet, time to get rid of stuff I don't use or can't wear anymore, so I came across this awesome lime green t-shirt. I like color but I wouldn't personally wear a solid lime green t-shirt that is 2 sizes too big. It was perfect for the cotton house dress though as the dress is light blue with lime green stripe in background. Here is a picture of the t-shirt.
I cut the shirt across the body of the shirt, right below the decoration. I then took that piece of fabric and folded it into half again and then cut diagonally to make "v" sections. It made 4 and thankfully I only needed 2. Then take one of "v"s and cut straight up the middle. So I ended up with extra pieces just in case.

This is the "v" before I realized it would be too big and decided to take rotary cutter straight up the middle. Can you see the fold line? I don't know how to use a pointer yet. Please bear with me and contact me if you have any questions. I failed to mention that I took the side seams in the house dress out to just below the chest, so when I held the shirt up to ripped seams I knew how big they had to be. I could see in my head how this was going to work, when you modify for a bigger size remember to do so on both sides and try to get as even as possible. Well I pinned and pinned this knit shirt material to the cotton dress and I pinned again, I don't think I could have over pinned because the shirt material would stretch but the cotton dress will not move so I had to make sure all the seams down to the point would get sewn. I did this on both both sides. It is here where I realized I needed to take out the "v" panel and cut it up the middle and then sew the middle seam so it would match the seam all the way down the dress.


I know this looks horrible but too me it is beautiful. I have never sewn a piece of clothing before in my life! I quilt.or try. You can see at the top where it is cut into and re sewn. I do realize I need to rip this out and straighten the seam, I got the material caught up into sewing of the seam. I wish I had not taken so much of the side seam out I went lower than I needed to on this side. This is a picture of the dress completed. I hope you can see in this photo. I did not know exactly how to get all in the photo, but I am still learning. I thank you for going on this adventure with me. God is giving me ideas all the time, and He is my teacher. I am so thankful for His love and His strength. I would never have attempted to do this in the past. God is so good.
I used a zigzag stitch on my machine and then a straight stitch for double reinforcement, not fun to rip out, but it did come out! Thank you Lord! I know that I will get better at this, and will someday try it on a piece of clothing that I actually may wear outside the house! I want you to know that you can do it too! I love you all so very much. May the peace of God cover you as a warm blanket.
Peaceful musings,
Deanna
PS Musings=thoughts, pondering, inspirations
!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Do you like the blog? Constructive criticism always welcomed. Have a very blessed day.
Peaceful musings,
Deanna