Welcome to Deanna's Musings

Pull up a chair, a cup of tea/coffee or favorite drink and enjoy the conversation and what you see and read.
If at anytime you have questions about what I am doing, or talking about , Please contact me through my email at dshouppe@gmail.com. Just a thing with me right now is the knowledge that so many Americans do not know what is going on in their government, registar to vote, or even how to contact their leaders so that your voice can be counted, so to this end, if you would like to know more information go to www.thomas.net. There you will find all the info you need to get informed. Stay informed and contact your congress and senate representatives.
I want to share my deep faith with you all. Please ask questions if you would like.

After months of Bible study, not Bible reading but truly studying God's Word, I have come to conclusion that "once saved always saved" equaling eternal security. Is a false doctrine. I will be sharing verses with you all. or check out my tweet account at #jewessforjesus. Most of my family have believed that doctrine. It is what I was taught when I converted from being a Jewess to a Christian. We must stay in Christ to be secure in Christ. Feel free to ask questions. I will do my best to check atleast once a week.

Please keep comments free from curse words or inappropriate comments. This is intended to be a safe place for all to come and gather together.
Blessings to you all,
Deanna

God's creation

God's creation
that cow was waiting in this perfect location for his picture to be taken.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Wednesday or hump day.

Well being up until 8:30 this morning without sleep, meant that I passed out a little after and slept until afternoon. I have enjoyed the day taking it slower and working on a couple of different projects. I also enjoyed watching a show we recorded titled "The Colony" and was very happy to learn that my dear husband and I know what to do, like these guys did and didn't. It was fun to watch and then to catch up and see the season finale of Deadliest Catch. Yep love those guys and have so much respect for them and their families. Don't like the foul language so much and thankful that it gets bleeped out!
I painted part of a mixed media project I am doing for my son's father in law's birthday! His bday is Sat so I really need to finish it up tomorrow so I can come up with a clever idea for wrapping it. I have had a lot of fun on this one as it is my first adventure in using oil paints. It was as if God took my hand and painted that boat! That is a big deal to me. I find that the Lord and I have a grand time when we are busy together, do you?
I also started stringing deli ca beads on filament so I can make a few new Christmas ornaments this year. With money being so tight I dare say I will not be purchasing Christmas decor this year, it will have to be hand made from a stash of stuff I already have. I have taken some pictures and will share them with you and of course the finished project to.
I wanted to show you the knitting needle case I made out of placemats so here goes and praying that when I load pictures they will fall into the right place. Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated , as I am very new to this.

First, I purchase these placemats at dollar tree for $1.oo for the 2 together. Great deal, especially if you want to keep things organized and together and limited money to do so. Yes I want one made of fabric but this will do for now. I am sorry I did not think to take pictures of the placemats before I had them together. Oh , it just occured to me that you could also use these to make a project folder for a scrap page or cards etc. AHA, there He goes again, giving me some ideas.! Love that! Thank you Lord!


I placed the 2 placemats "right sides" together and sewed them along the top to make one long piece. I then folded up the bottom placemat to where I needed it to be so my longest knitting needle would fit into it and then folded the upper portion on the one long placemat down as in an envelope to cover the tops of the needles. I then sewed the sides shut on the bottom half with some black elastic thread, btw using filament thread to sew the 2 placemats into one and sewed the seam down too. (so it would not be bumpy at the seam) Oh boy I hope this will come together and make sense when you see the picture. LOL I will get better, I promise. Well back to sewing the bottom sides together so to make the "envelope " closed on all sides except the top where we want to be able to place needles. Ok confession, not completely finished with this project yet, as I need to staple or sew my little needle pockets. Being plastic place mats I think stapling in the pockets will be fine. So I took each pair of my knitting needles, placed them side by side and marked on the plastic with a red sharpie where I needed to sew or staple . If I marked correctly I will be able to hold 7-8 pairs of needles. At the tip of envelope I folded down the upper placement to fold over needles and scored the seam so it will stay put and keep needles nice and safe. Here is a picture of bag opened and rolled up with the last little bit elastic cording acting as the rubber band. Wala! Viola! knitting needle bag. Shhh, don't tell dh it isn't finished yet. He gets upset when I jump from one project to another. I just didn't remember to get staples.lol
So I will leave you for this evening, I am going to load pictures and pray that I can get them where you all can see this little marvel. Instead of spending $8-10. on fabric for this knitting needle bag I spent $1 for placemats, and another $1 for staples at dollar tree. That will be $2 for a knitting needle bag, to keep them all together! I am happy!
Have a blessed night everyone. I hope to post sometime tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Do you like the blog? Constructive criticism always welcomed. Have a very blessed day.
Peaceful musings,
Deanna